You look after Christchurch and we'll look after you!
We like to be warm, comfortable and well-fed ....we're sure you do too!
Why choose this option?
- The current rental market in New Zealand is very restricted, so it is difficult to find reasonably priced accommodation. We ensure you have somewhere comfortable to stay from day one, without having to sort out electricity, phone connections, etc. (For comparison please see below for prices of backpacker and motel accommodation)
- You know what your costs are going to be upfront - no nasty surprises with bills!
- We have inspected and vetted all accommodation.
- We will give you all details of your accommodation prior to departure, including all contact information.
- Any problems with your accommodation, call us and we will help.
- How much does it cost?
The price range is from $190 - $310 per week, inclusive of all the above and taxes.
- What if I don't like my accommodation?
We will work with you to resolve any problems.
- Is there a minimum stay?
There is a minimum stay of 2 weeks. This should give you time to find your bearings.
- Do I have to pay a bond/deposit?
We require a $500 fully refundable security deposit. This is fully refundable when you vacate your accommodation, providing no damage has occurred (all details in our terms and conditions).
- What do I need to bring with me?
Your clothes and toiletries. Everything else is provided.
- What exactly is homestay-style accommodation?
New Zealand is known for its hospitality and many householders have homes more than large enough to accommodate guests. You will be sharing with an individual, couple or small family, but you will have your own room, and privacy. This is a great way to become quickly oriented in a new city and new country. With your main meals provided if you choose this option, and all of the domestics taken care of, you can focus on settling in to your new job and new life.